The present medieval church of St Michael stands on the site of a much older building. Situated about a mile down Cofton Church Lane, it is a small church surrounded by countryside, a popular choice for weddings and a peaceful place apart from the occasional passing train.
The church of St Andrew in Sandhills Road was built in 1910 to serve the growing community of Barnt Green. Plans to extend it were shelved when it was decided that the money would be better spent providing a school for the local community. Thus, St.Andrew’s School opened in 1927, and is now a church aided first school for four to nines, maintaining close links with the church. In 2002 St.Andrew’s Church building was renovated and extended, and now provides a warm and welcoming environment for worship and for other community events.
The Parish Centre, behind St Andrew’s church, replaced two older church halls in 1989. It contains the Parish Office, and is used by our young people on Sunday morning, for numerous church meetings, and by Community Groups such as Bridge Club, the Day Centre for elderly people, and Barnt Green Choral Society, to name but a few. It is also available for private hire and is an attractive venue for parties and other functions.